Social franchising is the use of commercial franchising solutions to achieve socially success. It is utilized internationally to increase usage of products and services across a variety of socially focused sectors, including education, health, agriculture, drinking water, sanitation, and clean energy. While relatively new, a huge selection of social businesses worldwide are actually profiting from the requirements and practices found in commercial franchising to increase and enhance their delivery of the critically needed social services. Commercial franchising is a tried-and-tested way to reproduce an effective system and brand. Economies of level, standardisation, skills transfer and the chance to develop a supportive network all make franchising a good business design for organisations with social goals.
Social franchising is the utilization of the commercial franchising method of replicates and talk about proven model to accomplish greater social impact. It’s about developing a model that allows other folks or organisations to provide the same service and reap the benefits of your experience. Social franchising keeps growing rapidly in the United Kingdom and has been used throughout the world by a multitude of social community sector systems, charities and companies.
If properly applied and managed, public franchising offers important advantages to the franchisee, the donor, franchisor and culture.
FOR THE FRANCHISOR
- Expand quicker
- Become financially lasting through making franchise fees
- Make better financial and impact preferences from more data
- Have more impact in achieving social objectives
- Able to provide more accountability and dimension to potential donors
FOR THE FRANCHISEE
- Receive training and ongoing support from a skilled and respected organisation
- Rely on centralised marketing and systems
- Have less financial risk in comparison to starting a fresh organisation
- Achieve and keep maintaining a greater social impact quicker
- Talk about ideas and solve issues with like-minded individuals at the franchisor and in the network
- Obtain a much better profits on return
- Create a more substantial and more measurable impact
- Enjoy higher reassurance that systems are supervised by the franchisor
- Potential to invest in organisations which might eventually be self-sustaining
- Be associated with a solid and successful social organisation
HOW DOES SOCIAL FRANCHISING SOLVE NEEDS OF AREAS?
Social Franchising works at both social and financial levels, since it is directed at dealing with the needs of the city and providing those products and services in a manner that enhances the residents it acts. Social Franchising helps solve the social and financial needs of local areas by:
- Attaining uniformity in the delivery of the social services people need and want available in their areas;
- Creating and assisting individuals and local organizations to generate ownership opportunities leading to wealth creation;
- Creating local job opportunities that enhance the economy of the neighborhood community and offer its people with basic skills and management training they can use in further building their professions; and
4. Helping a community structured organization system whose concentrate is on the dignity natural in all neighborhoods.